Subject to owner approval you can have a roommate to help with rent and bills
Advice & Approval:
- Let us know you would like to get a roommate.
- We get the owner to approve the process and latter approve the applicant. The owner may wish the applicants to be added to the lease as tenants, approved as additional occupants, or be happy for you to make the call.
- We can also advertise for you on several real estate sites for free.
- You can advertise where you normally would.
- There are also a few good facebook pages.
- We do not recommend Gumtree.
- You show the room, check the person out, and if you are happy with them you give them a link to our tenant page with our online and offline application options.
- We can schedule home opens that you host, or you can opt to have private viewings by appointment only, or a mix of the two.
- TICA and MIS database checks are included.
- You can also have a NTD database check for an extra $22.
- We provide you with copies of the TICA result, MIS result, and application form.
- If you want them to be approved as additional occupants, you conduct the reference checks.
- If you want them to be approved as tenants on the lease, we conduct the reference checks.
Approval / Rejection:
- You remain in control and you do not have to accept someone you don’t want to rent with.
- You approve or reject applications before they are submitted to the owner.
- The owner makes the final approval or rejection.
- Depending on the owner’s and then your preference, they can be listed on the lease as tenants, or just approved as additional occupants.
- Approve as additional occupants – $0.00
- Approve as tenants and added to the lease – $0.00
- TICA and MIS database checks – $0.00
- NTD database checks – if the owner or you request – $22
- Additional questions? – Please ask and we can add to this FAQ.
- Can we get this process customised? – Yes, this process can change whenever a tenant request a new feature, or change in the way we do things. This process is completely flexible and can be customised to your needs.
- What if we receive multiple applications? – You can short-list the applications and we can process one by one until you are happy, or you may elect to have all processed.
- What if we do not want to proceed with processing an application but give them application details anyway? – We will send you details of any applications received and you can reject this person before we process.